Monday, February 1, 2010

Shopping tour by Indonesian lady & Batik

(Patricia) Dear Miree, Could you please assist me with these two questions:

a) Is it possible to arrange for a local lady, who speaks really good English, to accompany me on a shopping trip to Blok M for a day? If so would you be able to recommend someone and what would be the approximate cost? (I am located near the SCBD).

b) I am looking for a reasonably priced decent quality batik picture. Could you recommend any locations around Jakarta where I might find such a thing?

I'd be grateful for your help, Regards

(Miree) Dear Patricia, So sorry for the late reply - I just found out that your email in my spam box - I guess my new virus system is too good ;)

Anyway to answer your questions;

a) There is a very nice Indonesian lady married to expat and she been taking a lot expat womens to do shopping tours. You can contact Adhe at 0811909086. She charges a pretty reasonable price - I think around Rp 500,000 per trip (3 / 4 ladies) but you can discuss with her and see what she offers to you.

b) You can try to go Pasaraya mall or again feel free call Adhe for shopping advice.

Goodluck!