Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Where is good place to live in Cikarang?

(David) Hi Miree,I am an Australian and my wife is Chinese Malaysian and I'm looking at a job in Cikarang and I want to know where is a good place to live. If I take the job we will likely stay for three years. My Wife may or may not work so I'd like there to be interesting things for her to do if she isn't working. As for me I don't want to spend too many hours commuting to and from the office. I'd like to live in a house with a yard and a pool as well (my company will be footing the bill). Can you give me any ideas on where to start looking. I am hoping they will let us fly there prior to taking the job to check it out and I'd like toknow where to look first. My wife and I like to shop and to eat out etc aswell. Hoping you can give me a starting point? Also there don't really seem to beany decent online maps of Jakarta and surrounding areas. Do you know of anyweb sites with something good? Thanks

(Miree) Hi David, Cikarang is in West Java, outside the Jakarta boundary and is approx. 2 hours drive from Jakarta's Central Business District. I was informed that because of the large industrial area in Cikarang, there are several housing areas there including an area where expatriates reside. I am not familiar with this area, so am putting it out to our readers to see if anyone can shed some more light on Cikarangs housing areas and standard of housing there. I will also ask some of our Home earch consultants in Santa Fe's Homesearch Dept to do some research for you as well. In regards to maps here are two websites which may be of help - www.cybermap.co.id & www.mapsjakarta.com . Regards