Thursday, October 1, 2009

Special permits?

(Yenti) Hi Miree, I accidentally stumbled your blog and found it very helpful. Thank
you I had just moved from Montreal to Jakarta. I used to work as a pastry chef in an Italian Restaurant. I am thinking about being a private chef for locals and expats. I am just wondering if there is a special permit needed for this. Thank you

(Miree) Hi Yenti, non Indonesian citizens by Indonesian law have to have a KITAS ( 12 month resident & work permit) to work here. You would need to find a restaurant that would be prepared to sponsor you for a work permit. Good luck in finding something, regards, Miree.