Friday, December 26, 2008

About Maids Pay in Jakarta

(Lee) Dear Miree, I move to Jakarta three weeks ago and am looking for a part time maid to help out mainly with ironing and simple cleaning two to three half days per week. I have a prospect who lives in the same apartment building as me but I have no idea what the going rate is. Can you help? Thank you very much in advance for your kind assistance. Wish you and your family a great Xmas and a Happy New Year.

(Miree) Hi Lee, I would suggest to bargain with the maid, you can ask her if 300,000 or 500,000 its OK?
The full time maid for speaking English 700,000 - 1 million. Its all depend on

their experiences.

And for both types every year you have to give Idul Fitri bonus (THR-Tunjangan Hari Raya) and normally they would ask raise the salary too. Raise 50,000 - 100,000 /month.


You can always start with smaller rate and told her that you would raise the

salary if you happy with the job within 2/3 months. Good luck!