Friday, October 24, 2008

Shops near to the Sultan Residence, learn bahasa, ladies group and bridge games

(Pat) Dear Miree, What a great site and great info! Congratulations to you and your team! I am very new to Jakarta - been here only 10 days. Can you tell me of any stores near to the Sultan Residence where I can find household necessities such as clothes hangers, cutlery trays, ice cubetrays, buckets, crockery, etc? I am not looking for high end stuff. I would like to learn to speak Bahasa Indonesia. Do you know of any group classes where I would be likely to meet other ladies? I have been learning to play bridge online on www.bridgedoctor.com website. I would really like to join a beginners class so would you know of any? Hoping that you can help.

(Miree) Hi Pat, Thank you for your email.Sultan Residence very close to Plaza Senayan which they have HERO supermarket, they pretty complete for household and price are good not expensive. To learn bahasa Indonesia you can contact Barry / Fransiska 0815 880 2234 www.sibschool.com And last you can join to play bridge with ANZA (Australian and New Zealand Association) http://www.anzajakarta.org/They play bridge together every Friday at 1pm and you can meet other ladies too including me ;-) Feel free to call me if you would like to join the Friday meeting group. Cheers, Miree