Monday, June 2, 2008

Some questions about Living in Jakarta ...

(Miree) Hi Miree,How are you? What happened to you website? I couldn't access it for the past few days. First of all, I wanted to thank you for the leads on Robert's Furniture and the Kemang Travel Agency, both of which I had the pleasure of dealing with. Also, I was wondering if you have answers to my questions re Jakarta stuff:
1. Would you know of a good but inexpensive carpenter who can do simplecarpentry work/repairs around the house?
2. I have a glass door from the living room leading to the garden and would like to add a screen door to allow the air in. Would you know ofa good but inexpensive supplier who can do this? I had it quoted before and they gave me a very expensive quotation of Rp220M!
3. Would you know of a cabinet supplier who can add a plywood or MDF cabinet under the stairs?
4. Would you know of a good supplier who can make upholstered furniture?
5. Lastly, is there a reputable/legit masseuse/reflexologist who can go to my house for home service? I tried surfing the net for this and the results that came out are the shady services. Help! Many thanks!

(Miree) Hi Mireille, Great to hear that the furniture hunting succeed! Am doing great and currently visiting my family in New Zealand. I am sorry about unaccessable - sometimes network down for maintenance... not sure ;)
Well here are the answer for your questions ;

For items 1-3, we (Santa Fe) have a Property Management Division whichincludes handymen that can assist with this sort of work. If you like us to arrange for a quotation please call Nofa at our office (021 7892033).
Upholstered - try Arbor & Troy www.arborandtroy.com Expensive but very good quality.
Massage - you can call my regular Bu Partini - she is very good and been doing this for 20 years. Her rates for 2 hours is 150,000nett but she dont speak English though - maybe you ask someone to talk with you ;-) her number is 08164811140 or you can try this link http://www.anybodyhealthy.com/ Goodluck!